ECE Advisory Board
Launched in 2012, the Advisory Board (AB) serves as a bridge between the ECE Department and its key industry affiliates to facilitate regular communications and interaction through annual events to elevate the relevance of our curriculum and research programs to the industry.
Specifically, the objectives of the AB include:
- Seeking professional advice and feedback from the industry on our curriculum and how we could better prepare our students for their career.
- Reviewing the UG and PG curriculum and courses.
- Examining new educational ideas and new curriculum developments.
- Promoting closer academic / industry collaboration in UG and PG education through various channels such as internships, final year project / thesis co-supervision and consultancy.
- Promoting collaborative research activities between the department and industry.
- Jointly exploring call for proposals and funding opportunities.
- Serving as the judge on the ECE Final Year Project Industry Day.
Companies in both technical and non-technical fields and academics are invited to join the AB, so we can have a comprehensive understanding of the changing needs of different industry sectors related to ECE. Through the AB, we aim to build stronger, long-term relationships with the industry and gain valuable insights into the requirements of the employers and our society. Board members are required to attend an annual meeting in early May every year.
Members from the Industry (as of the meeting on 12 May 2017)
|Analog Devices, Inc.||Mr. Morton ZHAO|
|Analog Devices, Inc.||Mr. Bob YANG|
|Analog Devices, Inc.||Mr. David GAO|
|Analog Devices, Inc.||Ms. Flora GAO|
|ASM Pacific Technology Ltd.||Mr. Peter NG|
|ASTRI||Dr. Justin CHUANG|
|ASTRI||Mr. Bill ZHANG|
|CITIC Telecom International CPC Ltd||Mr. Stephen HO|
|Globaltec Electronics Ltd||Mr. Herbert NG|
|Guangdong Hiway Integrated Circuit Technology (Hong Kong) Co. Ltd.||Dr. Edwin KWONG|
|Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited||Dr. Allen WONG|
|Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited||Mr. Carlson CHU|
|Hong Kong Telecommunications (HKT) Limited||Mr. Ricky KWONG|
|Huawei Tech. Investment||Mr. Eric NG|
|Invoxia Asia Limited||Mr. William TAO|
|Kun Hang Group||Dr. Daniel NG|
|Micom Tech Limited||Mr. Victor NG|
|Rohde & Schwarz HK Ltd.||Mr. Frank WONG|
|Rohde & Schwarz HK Ltd.||Mr. WANG Hoi LUNG|
|RS Components||Mr. Kelvin TSE|
|SAE||Dr. Dennis T.K. TONG|
Members from Local Universities
|City University of Hong Kong||Prof. Ping LI|
|The Chinese University of Hong Kong||Prof. Soung LIEW|
|The Hong Kong Polytechnic University||Prof. Michael TSE|
|The University of Hong Kong||Prof. Ronnie HUI|
Members from International Universities
Separate annual meetings are scheduled with international AB members
|MIT||Prof. Charlie SODINI|
|Columbia University||Prof. Julie HIRSCHBERG|
|Imperial College||Prof. Kin LEUNG|